Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What I'm Reading...

I have been overwhelmed. Seriously overwhelmed. Reading enough books for TWO blogs is slightly more than one person can handle. But I'm naively pursuing this goal just the same. I've spent the past three or four days trying to read all the library books that were due today and Friday. Didn't happen. Returned about six of them unread. But I did read quite a few things. Anyway, the Christian book I am reading now....is What Jesus Demands of the World by John Piper. I love John Piper. Love him. And I am really enjoying the book. The thing I love most? It is in bite-size chapters. Three to five pages. All scriptural. All good. So I'm loving it. But it is a long book. So it will probably be a week or two before I get it all read. I'll try to fill the blog in the meantime with reviews of other things. I've got another book, a shorter book called The Prayer of Our Lord by Philip Graham Ryken. I'll probably have that one finished first in all likelihood.

I have joined the Summer Reading Challenge so perhaps I'll get more organized and focused as the month goes on. My goal? To read two or possibly three Christian books a week. That might not seem like much. But considering the fact that I'm trying to read that many books on top of four or five young adult books for Becky's Book Reviews and you'll start to realize why it's so easy for me to be overwhelmed with books. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It just takes some getting used to.

If you are a Christian author or publisher who wants to add to the load, feel free to email me. I'm always happy to receive review copies or ARCs of Christian fiction and nonfiction. I'm slightly pickier on what nonfiction gets reviewed. I'll only review books that I find to be biblically sound. But I'm always willing to give books a chance.