The Word of Promise: New Testament Audio BIble (New Testament Audio Bible) [AUDIOBOOK] [UNABRIDGED] (Audio CD) The publisher is Thomas Nelson.
A 20-hour, 20-CD, diverse star-studded audio Bible production of The New Testament. This multi-voiced faithful rendering of the NKJV New Testament is presented in a compelling, dramatic audio theater format.
The arresting world-class audio production immerses listeners in the dramatic reality of the Scriptures as never before. Complete with an original music score by prolific Italian composer Stefano Mainetti ( Abba Pater ), Contributions by Dove Award winners Michael W. Smith and Rebecca St. James, and ambient sound effects that are woven together with compelling narration by Michael York, the Bible comes to life for a new generation. The post-production, sound design and Foley (sound effects) are produced, engineered and mixed at Cerny American Creative in Chicago-an award-winning post-production facility ranked in the Top 3 in the nation for sound design.
* Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ, Deja vu) - Jesus
* Michael York (Romeo & Juliet, Austin Powers) - Narrator
* Academy Award winner Richard Dreyfuss (Mr. Holland's Opus, The Goodbye Girl) - Quotes from Moses
* Academy Award winner Marisa Tomei (My Cousin Vinny, What Women Want) - Mary Magdalene
* Golden Globe winner Stacy Keach (Prison Break, Hemingway) - Paul
* Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Lou Gossett, Jr (An Officer and a Gentleman, Roots) - John
* Terence Stamp (Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Superman II) - Voice of God
* Kimberly Williams-Paisley (According to Jim, Father of the Bride) - Mary, Mother of Jesus
* Golden Globe and Tony Award nominee, Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba, Young Guns) - Mark
* John Heard (Prison Break, Home Alone) - Matthew
* Ernie Hudson (Miss Congeniality, Ghostbusters) - Peter
* TV Guide's TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols honoree Luke Perry (Beverly Hills 90210, Jeremiah) - Judas & Stephen
* John Schneider (Smallville, Dukes of Hazzard) - James
* Chris McDonald (Happy Gilmore, Quiz Show) - Luke