Thursday, October 04, 2007

By Love Redeemed



In late spring, early summer, I reviewed In Honor Bound by DeAnna Julie Dodson. It was a book that had me hooked from the very beginning. One I stayed up late just to finish. There was something about the writing that just grabbed my attention from the very beginning, something that I savored every moment of. Last week, I read By Love Redeemed which is the second in her trilogy. Different narrators. This time the story is that of Thomas and Elizabeth. Thomas, if you'll remember, is the king's younger brother. And the two--Thomas and Elizabeth--were briefly wed in the first book. But war kept the two apart--strangers--married in name only. Now the war is over and peace has been declared. But is any kingdom really ever free from threat? This time the threat that seeks to ruin the kingdom comes from within--from within the king's own castle. Can this family work together and solve the dangerous mystery that dares to destroy them once and for all?